1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 60/62 H55f

1989 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale in Lincoln, Nebraska, United States

Condition: Used
Item location: Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Make: Toyota
Model: Land Cruiser
Type: Wagon
Year: 1989
VIN: JT3FJ62G0K1104168
Color: Tan
Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
Fuel: Gasoline
Transmission: Manual
Drive type: 4WD
Interior color: Brown
Options: 4-Wheel Drive
Vehicle Title: Clear
Want to buy? Contact seller!

Description for Toyota Land Cruiser 1989

This vehicle has been a labor of love over the last several years but after countless amounts of time and money invested it is time to move on to the next project. The cruiser is a 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 that has been modified to become a highly capable onand off road vehicle. Originally from California, he cruiser spent several years in southern Colorado before coming to Nebraska about 5 years ago. Would love to see it go to a good home so I'll be as up front and honest as possible with the description.

Work done and modifications made include:


-Automatic to manual transmission conversion

-H55f 5-speed transmission new from Toyota

-New clutch

-Rebuilt manual transfer case

-New clutch master cylinder

-2FE engine upgrade http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/benefits-of-2fe.811806/

-rebuilt cylinder head

-new fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator

-fuel tank and system cleaning

-cold A/C with R134a conversion

-new starter

-new battery

-new muffler and tailpipe

-new O2 sensors

-all new belts and hoses


-new front seats

-new center console

-new cargo area carpet installed (I thought the remaining carpet was too good to replace but I purchased a full carpet kit and it will come with the vehicle)

-Kenwood deck and 6-disc CD changer

-the rest of the interior including the dash is in excellent condition

Steering / Suspension

-4 inch lift kit including new shocks, ushings, nd greasable shackles

-new OME steering stabilizer

-all new tie rod ends

-new front and rear extended sway bar links

-front end shacklereversal (huge ride quality improvement with this one)

-full front axle knuckle rebuild


-FJ60 front end headlight conversion http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/swap-headlight-between-60-and-62.139816/

-custom headlight wiring harness with aux contacts for additional lights http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/headlight-wire-harness-fj60-and-fj62.354712/

-stainless steel brake lines

-new BFG 33x10.5x15 BFP All-terrains on aftermarket wheels

-original spare tire and wheel included if desired, ot currently mounted

-ARB front bumper withWARN XD 9000 winch

-custom rear step-up bumper

-hidden kill switch

-THULE roof rack

-all new fluids

Plus more that I'msure I'm forgetting. All upgrades were done within the last few years and have less than 2,000 miles on them.

The cruiser runs and drives very well. I would not hesitate to hop in and drive cross country. Recently returned from a 400 mile trip with no issues whatsoever. The 5-speed paired with the 4.11 gears and 33 inch tires combines very well forlow and high speed driving. Odometer reads 230k, f donor motorhad 170k.With a new paint job this would be one of the baddest cruisers around.

In the spirit of full disclosure, ere's what I know is wrong with the vehicle:

-Clear coat on hood and tops of fenders is gone from years in the sun.

-Several smallareas ofrust are present with the worst being on the upper tailgate. I have lightly sandedmost areas and painted with POR-15.

-Front and rear of the vehicle has manyrock chipsthrough the paint that have turned to surface rust.

-Typical dents and scratches. Larger dentslower portion of drivers door and by passenger headlight.

-Engine idles great 95% of the time but does stumble the other 5%

-Rear drivers side door window switch is not working

-Chrome wheels are covered in surface rust. Was going to paint them black but never got around to it.

Please contact me with any questions.There is a non-refundable $1,000deposit required at time of purchase. Bank transfer or cashiers check required for balance of payment. Buyer toarrange transportation butI will assist with gettingvehicle to pickup location. Vehicle sold as-is. Clean title in hand.

Other classic cars for sale